The College has four houses. Following is a brief history of each.
Leopold (Red) Br Leopold was the first Principal of Marist College Penshurst. He was at the college from 1953 - 1959 and was very committed to the establishment of the College as a place of good boys' education.
More (Green) Br Thomas More, Principal from 1960 - 1961, carried on the role of establishing the College. During his time, the cricket nets were built and work started on the development of the oval.
Dunstan (Gold) Br Dunstan Cavanagh was appointed Principal in 1962. During his time, the College became a Fourth Form school (Year 10). There were three streams in each secondary class. In 1965, a new classroom block containing six classrooms and a toilet block was constructed. It currently houses Rooms 14-19 and overlooks the playground.
Salvius (Blue) Br Salvius became Principal in 1981, commencing a very significant period as Principal. During his time here, he did much to maintain and develop the already strong family spirit of Marist College Penshurst. He was a strong believer in boys having the opportunity to participate and encouraged all their endeavours.